Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3Things

1st
Today I attended the HC Idol competition in the evening, where every faculty sends two representatives for it.
It was amusing.
I went for the audition but couldn't make it through=(
Reason: Too nervous and so did not prepare well for my high notes
Anyway, the competition was totally owned by Timothy.
He is such a natural performer.
I seriously admire the kind of composure, equanimity he has on the stage.
To him, the mindset was like there is never a problem but only situtation.
And so, what's the big deal?
Microphone producing a sharp sound, peak fell on the gound, unsure of lyrics, fingers cramp.....
All these had not affected his overall performance.
Why? Because he simply moved on wisely and effortlessly without showing any panic.
He made it so enjoyable with all his humour and creativity invested when situtations arised.
I really wonder when can I attain this kind of standards O.o

2nd
My Project Work group had our third oral presentation rehersal in the morning.
My tutor said that he is perfectly happy with my speech this time.
And that I have had a great improvement compared to the previous rehersal.
I was so elated when he said "great improvement".
Strange enough, I wouldn't be as happy if he had said something like "you are the best presenter today!"
The word "improvement" just sounded more meaningful to me.
Moreover, it was a "GREAT improvement". =)
Perhaps it's the encouragement that comes along with the phrase.
I do believe that continuous desire for improvement spurs creativity.

3rd
I let a golden opportunity slipped by.
It passed by in front of my eyes, walking in slow motion and at the same time, mocking at my cowardice.
All that I had in me was just fear and certainly adrenaline rush.
Fear of what? I don't exactly know but I just couldn't do it.
And tomorrow is the last day of school.
Lets see if something interesting will happen.
Why my school work doesn't end with the school semester?

No comments: