Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Movies

Again, I took another 2 days for my 3rd post.
I must force myself to write just anything.

So, let's talk about the movie that I can't wait any longer to watch.
RocknRolla
It's written and directed by Guy Ritchie.
Recently he has some issues with his wife, Madonna. Splitting I guess.
His previous movie, Revolver(2005), was a brilliant work.

It took him 3 years to write this movie.
Unfortunately, it was not well-received, which in my opinion, due to the reason that it is difficult to understand.
There are mainly 3 stories going on at the same time in the movie.
Frankly speaking, I watched it twice before I could actually understand the movie.
Normal audience most probably saw just the surface story and it left them in doubt as it never reveals who Sam Gold, one of the characters in the movie, is.
There is actually an underlying meaning that this movie comprises, with all the characters representing different aspects of a person.
I wouldn't have gotten the correct interpretation if I had not experienced similar events during the period when I watched the movie.
It was enlightening=)
Seriously, it requires you to watched it over and over again before you can appreciate the essence of it.
I like the way he dealt with the theories of con in the movie.
Anyway, back to RocknRolla, congrats to him as he made a comeback.
It's easier to understand as he promised=)
His is now in the midst of his next movie, Sherlock Holmes!

Oh yea, if you all do not know, watching movies is something that I love to do when I have free time.
But I am quite particular about movies because I only watch nice movies.
I really hate spending a couple of hours on something that I get nothing out of it but a waste of time.
Nowadays, many commercial movies are just meant for public consumption and thus lack substance.
If you ask what is a good movie to me, I cannot give you a certain answer as to what defines a good movie because different movies are good at different aspects.
However, the movies that I consider nice are those that are enlightening - widen your perpectives on everything in life, those that end with a twist or even multiple twists as well as those that are humourous - note the difference between funny and humourous.
Strangely, I do like to watch horror movies too.
Although they are not of any value, they do satisfy a part of me that is curious about everything.
The scarier the movie, the more I desire to watch it=)

For horror movie fans, a Thai horror movie The Coffin is coming out soon.

No comments: