Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change has come to America

First of all, congratulation to the new owner of this house:

All of you must have known who is he.
Barrack Obama
The newly-elected 44th president of the United States.

He has won my vote simply through his skin colour.
I can feel the meaning of him being elected to the US and also to the rest of the world.
I can sense hope and freedom.
The world is changing, for the better.
"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer," he said in the first sentence of his speech.
With him being the history defying proof, I totally agree with what he has said.
Sadly, I probably would not live long enough to see this level of democracy attained in my country.
Or perhaps, it will always be a myth.
Barack Obama has committed himself to doing more on global warming and wants greenhouse gases reduced by 80% by 2050.
This will be one of the most important issues of his presidency, as the Kyoto Protocol expires in 2012 and negotiations about a follow-up have stalled.
I hope that he will do a great job in this aspect.
Lets enjoy his wonderful and inspiring speech:

He is the first ever African-American to be elected as the president.
Years back, who would even think that this might happen?
But, before our eyes, he made it.
With the fullest respect, I present to you the Black Man in the White House, president Barrack Obama!

No comments: