Friday, July 31, 2009

Perspective

Wooh! yesterday i made my first contribution to the society at the age of 18
I used to think that i don't want to grow up so quickly
because once i'm considered an adult
i'll be stripped of many privileges
That's quite true
but you do gain certain freedom at the same time
Just yesterday, the day after my birthday
there was a blood donation drive in my school
I only knew of the event on the day itself
They had it at the start of the year as well
and similarly, i only noticed it on that day
but what was different is that
i had to print out a consent form
and look for my guardian to sign it
so in the end i didn't make it through the donation
whereas this time, muahaha, i don't need anyone's consent
so i just went there right after my lessons ended
and proceeded with the blood donation
I felt so lucky that my birthday was just the day before
It was my first time so it appeared quite exciting!
I think being an adult means that you should start giving back to the society.

No comments: